Benha University (BU) traced its roots to the first high School of Agriculture in Egypt, founded in 1911, then as a branch of Zaqazig University in 1976. In 2005, BU gained its independence and ever since, this was achieved by launching a university-wide campaign of faculty and staff training, as well as major laboratory and infrastructure reform. This campaign is increasing and ongoing focusing mainly on enhancing teaching, communication, and research skills, as well as, computer and IT capabilities, and quality assurance and control. Many of these projects were funded by international entities such as the World Bank and the European Union.
BU has about 4506 faculty and staff members serving about 127505 students. Because of its reputation, BU is increasingly attracting more international students from the Arab countries. Recently, BU exerted great efforts to raise the meaning of internationalization. BU is collaborating with the UK universities through the British Council institution.
BU has 15 colleges; five of them (Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Engineering, Science, and Agriculture) are equipped with good research laboratories and instruments; and are engaged in active research at both the national and international levels.
The Main Campus Of The University Currently Includes The Following Faculties And Institutes:
- Faculty Of Engineering
- Faculty Of Computers And Artificial Intelligence
- Faculty Of Science
- Faculty Of Agriculture
- Faculty Of Commerce
- Faculty Of Applied Arts
- Faculty Of Arts
- Faculty Of Education
- Faculty Of Physical Education
- Faculty Of Law
- Faculty Of Specific Education
- Faculty Of Medicine
- Faculty Of Veterinary Medicine
- Faculty Of Nursing
- Faculty Of Physical Therapy